Vol 4 | Issue 2 | July-Dec 2018 | Page 30-32 | Yash B Rabari, Nikhil Suri, D.V. Prasad, Siddharth Shah.
Authors: Yash B Rabari , Nikhil Suri , D.V. Prasad , Siddharth Shah .
 Department of Orthopaedics, Rural Medical Collage, LoniBk, Maharashtra, India.
Address of Correspondence
Dr. Yash B. Rabari.
107, NRI Hostel, PMT Campus, LoniBk, Tal.-Rahta, Dist.- Ahmadnagar Maharastra 413736
Clear cell sarcoma (CCS) is an exceedingly rare tumor of young adults with melanocytic differentiation. The exact incidence is largely unknown, although occasional case series mention CCS comprising less than 1% of all soft tissue sarcoma. CCS is a deep-seated tumor, typically involving tendons and aponeuroses. It has a predilection for lower extremities, particularly around the foot and ankle region, accounting for nearly 40% of cases. A primary dermal origin is rarer. We report a case of primary cutaneous CCS of 42 year old female located on the left popliteal fossa. Complete excision led to relief of symptoms
Keywords: Clear cell Sarcoma, Tumor, CCS
1. Dim DC, Cooley LD, Miranda RN. Clear cell sarcoma of tendons and aponeuroses: A review. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2007;131:152–6.
2. Deenik W, Mooi WJ, Rutgers EJ, Peterse JL, Hart AA, Kroon BB. Clear cell sarcoma (malignant melanoma) of soft parts: A clinicopathological study of 30 cases. Cancer. 1999;86:969–75.
3. Kazakos CJ, Galanis VG, Giatromanolaki A, Verettas DA, Sivridis E. Clear cell sarcoma of the scapula. A case report and review of literature. World J SurgOncol. 2006;4:48–53. [PMC free article]
4. Hantschke M, Mentzel T, Rutten A, Palmedo G, Calonje E, Lazar AJ, et al. Cutaneous clear cell sarcoma: A clinicopathological, immunohistochemical, and molecular analysis of 12 cases emphasizing its distinction form dermal melanoma. Am J SurgPathol. 2010;34:216–22.
5. Hisaoka M, Ishida T, Kuo TT, Matsuyama A, Imamura T, Nishida K, et al. Clear cell sarcoma of soft tissue: A clinicopathological, immunohistochemical, and molecular analysis of 33 cases. Am J SurgPathol. 2008;32:452–60.
6. Patel RM, Downs-Kelly E, Weiss SW, Folpe AL, Tubbs RR, Tuthill RJ, et al. Dual-color, break-apart fluorescence in situ hybridization for EWS gene rearrangement distinguishes clear cell sarcoma of soft tissue from malignant melanoma. Mod Pathol. 2005;18:1585–90.
7. Rodriguez-Martin M, Saez- Rodriguez M, Esquivel B, Gonzalez RS, Cabrera AN, Herrera AM. Clear cell sarcoma: A case mimicking primary cutaneous malignant melanoma. Indian J Dermatol. 2009;54:168–72.
8. Enzinger FM. Clear cell sarcoma of tendons and aponeuroses: An analysis of 21 cases. Cancer. 1965;18:1163–74.
9. Chung EB, Enzinger FM. Malignant melanoma of soft parts.A reassessment of clear cell sarcoma. Am J SurgPathol. 1983;7:405–13.
|How to Cite this article: Rabari YB, Suri N, Prasad D.V, Shah S. Clear Cell Sarcoma: A Rare Aggressive Tumor with Potential Diagnostic Challenge . Journal of Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors July-Dec 2018;4(2): 30-32.|