Vol 4 | Issue 2 | July-Dec 2018 | Page 33-35 | Subin Sugath, Jayashree, Shrijith MB.
Authors: Subin Sugath , Jayashree , Shrijith MB .
 Dept of Regional Cancer Centre , Trivandrum.
Address of Correspondence
Dr. Subin Sugath
Dept of Regional Cancer Centre , Trivandrum,
Chordoma is rarely seen in appendicular skeleton. Here we describe a rare case of chordoma occuring in distal radius. Radiograph showed ill defined lytic distal radius, meta diaphyseal lesion. IHC marker for Chordoma Brachyury was done (TMH , Mumbai), which came diffuse strongly positive- confirming the pre op diagnosis of Extra Axial Chordoma. He was treated with Wide resection of the distal radius and one bone forearm wrist arthrodesis
Keywords: Chordoma, extraxial, radius
1. Walcott BP, Nahed BV, Mohyeldin A, Coumans JV, Kahle KT, Ferreira MJ. Chordoma: current concepts, management, and future directions. Lancet Oncol. 2012 Feb;13(2):e69-76.
2. Nielsen GP, Mangham DC, Grimer RJ, Rosenberg AE. Chordoma periphericum: a case report. Am J Surg Pathol 2001;25:263–7.
3. O’donnell P, Tirabosco R, Vujovic S, Bartlett W, Briggs TW, Henderson S, et al. Diagnosing an extraaxial chordoma of the proximal tibia with the help of brachyury, a molecule required for notochordal differentiation. Skeletal Radiol 2007;36:59–65.
4. Tirabosco R, Mangham DC, Rosenberg AE, Vujovic S, Bousdras K, Pizzolitto S, et al. Brachyury expression in extra-axial skeletal and soft tissue chordomas: a marker that distinguishes chordoma from mixed tumour/myoepithelioma/parachordoma in soft tissue. Am J Surg Pathol 2008;32:572–80.
5. van Akkooi AC, van Geel AN, Bessems JH, den Bakker MA. Extra-axial chordoma. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2006;88:1232–4.
6. DiFrancesco LM, Davanzo Castillo CA, Temple WJ. Extra-axial chordoma. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2006; 130:1871–4.
7. Lantos JE, Agaram NP, Healey JH, Hwang S. Recurrent skeletal extra-axial chordoma confirmed with brachyury: imaging features and review of the literature. Skeletal Radiol 2013;42:1451–9
8. Rekhi B. Primary, large extra-axial chordoma in proximal tibia: a rare case report with literature review and diagnostic implications. APMIS. 2016
|How to Cite this article: Sugath S, Jayashree, Shrijith MB. Unusual presentation of Chordoma in distal radius. Journal of Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors July-Dec 2018;4(2): 33-35.|